24 June 2011

Homemade Yogurt...by accident...

Yum, right?

I've been wanting to make my own yogurt for awhile now. I've browsed different recipes, read reviews about what does and doesn't work. My biggest obstacle is not having a kitchen (in renovation), no counters, no sink, so I decided to wait.


Well, a few days ago I walked into the dining room and found one of Aedyn's cups. It had about an inch of milk in it and apparently with all the 'stuff' (books, bags, a half eaten poptart, etc) that lives on our table Jake and I both missed it for a couple days. I picked it up expecting curdled milk, but low and behold it had become yogurt! And being me, I stuck a fork in it, perfect consistency too!


No, I couldn't actually bring myself to try a bite, but wow, there it was.


Closest thing I can figure out is that since we don't have central heat and air and try not to leave the window units on all night, it just stayed warm enough to cook and incubate the milk! Weird right? To make everyone feel better, we leave the unit for the two bedrooms going and close up the doors and it stays decently cool in there overnight. That's a definite bonus of having just a doorway between our room and the Aedyn's room.
Tipped sideways...solid!
So here is Aedyn's recipe for homemade yogurt. 
1) Wait until late spring/summer. Outdoor temps should be reaching 90F during the day, no lower than 70F at night. Turn off your A/C
2) Pour a glass of milk, take one or two sips
3) Let glass sit for two days
4) Add fruit and enjoy!
(This is not meant to be a serious recipe, if you choose to try it, you do so at your own risk and I am not responsible for any negative consequences to your health!)


Follow me on Facebook or Twitter so you don't miss out on any of the Milk Bubbles that just might make your day that much more special!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...