08 June 2011

What has gotten into me? All ya'll are AWESOME!

I've realized over the past few days that I've gotten a lot more bold in certain situations. What on earth happened????

Up until very recently, I held very strong opinions about very many things. Or I'd form strong opinions quickly. Statuses that friends post on Facebook, links, articles, and not just online, but also in person. For now I'm going to stick with Facebook examples though.

But I'd never tell them. Sure, if it were something dangerous or hazardous, I'd mention it. But I'd usually try and find a back door of the conversation to slip it in.

I don't like confrontation! I hate it. I go out of my way to avoid it. Usually I'm good  just by ignoring posts I have a difference of opinion with, I just don't respond and I forget it was even posted. No one knows, no biggie. I'm a people pleaser and a peace keeper.

But in the past week, I've piped up on a vaccine article (ahhh, NO, not the hot topic of the century!). And tonight in one of my Facebook groups I tossed in an opinion on parenting that seems pretty much directly opposite to most of the other 138 opinions in there! Why would I do that?

Oh, and yesterday's post You Want Me to Eat WHAT Exactly? When did I start just laying my opinions out there for open criticism like that??? i'm starting to sound like my husband for goodness sake!

Up until this point, very few people have known how I really feel about anything. I play it safe, I can count on one hand the people that I regularly give a frank opinion to when it conflicts with theirs.

I like it. I'm not afraid anymore of someone criticizing me. And if they do, oh well, I can't be the only one out of the billions of people in the world that thinks that way.

And I blame YOU. In a good way! I'm very grateful to get past that. I really do think it's that all 24 of you, and more, because I see the stats even if you're not "following" stop by on a regular basis. Leave me comments and the come back again. Maybe you don't always like what I say, maybe some days it's downright boring. But I appreciate it, knowing that someone thinks it's worth it to spend time reading what I write has given me a confidence that I'm not even sure I knew I was lacking. Thanks! Ya'll are awesome!

When I was in 7th grade a friend's older sister overheard a conversation I was having, I was pretty passionate about whatever it was and was on a roll. Her words "I didn't even now she could talk that much!" Well, I can and I do. And a whole lot more people are about to find out.




Watch out World, I'm not keeping my mouth shut anymore!






Make sure to follow Milk Bubbles on Facebook or Twitter so you don't miss any of the splashes or spills of life!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! You should be able to express how you feel, and what you think. I know we don't always agree on everything, but I respect you and your point of you. I haven't read anything in which you've expressed your views in an offensive way. (though I haven't had a chance to read the food post yet, I've been wanting to)

    My grandfather always says, "answer me. It doesn't matter if you agree with me, or if we argue. At least I know you've heard to what I've said."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my mouth open too much, have no tact and I have been trying to teach myself to SHUT UP.

    I can be brutal.

    Don't be like me! LOL
    I am happy that you have been speaking up- its a good thing! You never know who may be needing someone else to say what THEY may be thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katy

    Thanks! I think it's helped too seeing everyone toss their opinions out and it never causing (too much) long lasting drama over there!

    Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out and keep a balance between opinionated and offensive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...