05 January 2012

Mama's Milk in 2012

Goals are a great thing to have, setting them however isn't all that fun or easy.

For that reason I trick myself into thinking I don't set goals. I have "ideas" and "expectations."

Ideas are things that I would like to see happen and I'll make some effort to get there, but I'm not going to go too far out of my way. They're extremely flexible and are subject to change at anytime.

Expectations are things that I will do or die trying.

When I first got pregnant I expected to breastfeed for at least a year. Several people told me that that was a lofty goal and I should set smaller, progressive goals, 6 months, 9 months, then a year if I made it to the other two. But to me it wasn't a goal, it was an expectation.

I have now met that expectation twice.

Now I've moved on to my idea that I'll breastfeed Jaron til around 18 months. Some days I don't think we'll make it to 15, others I'm sure we'll go to 24. And I have no clue if that age is when I'll start weaning, or by when he'll be fully weaned. It's just an idea.

This week that topic for the Breastfeeding Blog Hop is Breastfeeding Goals, what are some of your goals, or ideas, or expectations? Did you make them beforehand or do you just make them up as you go? Share your thoughts and come join me on Google+, Facebook, and/or Twitter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...