23 August 2010

Potty Training: Days 16, 17, & 18

Days 16 & 17: TAMPA TRIP --- SOOOOO glad I decided to go with Pull Ups this weekend. I ended up using them the whole weekend instead of just for the nursery and am very glad that I wasn't stubborn to the point of being stupid this time. It was enough work to just keep up with him without worrying that he might leave a puddle on someone's floor and worry about having to call the front desk at the hotel if he didn't make it through the night. He still let me know for the most part, but in the car he let me know with only moments before he actually went. The nursery was about the same as last week, apparently transitions only help move things along that might otherwise be held in...go figure! Other than that he did really well, dry through the night in a strange bed and no accidents if we weren't in the car or nursery.

Day 18: ACCIDENT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!! Great day today, surprisingly enough because he hasn't felt well and had a low grade fever. I expected today to be nothing but accidents, but that's kids for you! Jake discovered that we should probably make more of a distinction between "in" the potty and "on" the potty though. I was out running errands and Jake took the dog out for a minute and came back in to find that A had gone potty on the potty...more accurately on the potty lid, oops. I am not, however, counting that as an accident, because it was in the right place and that counts!

Hopefully this is the new normal and we can say he is officially potty trained with Mama or Papa present. Now I just have to figure out how to get him to communicate with other people that he needs to go...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...