I've got to stop thinking so much when I write these...what's there should not have taken me 5 minutes to type!
I was listening to The Gambler last night...I love that song! Which is kind of interesting as I have never gambled in my life. Ok, I take gambles all the time, but I don't do the monetary/gaming gambling. For the most part I'm not a huge risk taker.
But one line from the chorus has always stood out to me
"Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em"It so much more than just about the game, it's about real life (which may be the point of the song, and is why I love country music).
How do you know when and how long to hold onto something? When is the right time to let it go? Is it really just luck or is there skill involved?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Share your thoughts and come join me on Google+, Facebook, and/or Twitter!
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post here.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.