07 August 2011

Stream of Consciousness Sunday ~ Can I get 5 minutes, PLEASE?



#SOCsunday

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dinner.

Tired.

5 minutes.

Laundry.

Boys.

Jaron's weight gain.

Who's going to need my attention next?

Can I not  even get 5 minutes to write?

Just some of the things going through my head as I sit down to write this post. I don't even remember what my original topic was. But this is the fourth attempt I've made. It's just been one of those weekends. Or one of those weeks really.

I didn't even go to BlogHer and I'm exhausted! I tried doing too much with World Breastfeeding week and keeping up with the #SummerBlogSocial. Even taking the last two days off hasn't gotten me caught up on house work. Plus, I still need one more book before I can write my Babywise post that was supposed to go up tomorrow...guess that's getting moved to Tuesday.

*Sigh* I really need to dig myself out of all of this and then find a way to stay on top of things that doesn't require me to be awake 24 hours a day!2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…



  1. Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
  2. Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  3. Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  4. Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  5. Link up your post here.
  6. Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.


Share your thoughts and come join me on Google+, Facebook, and/or Twitter!

11 comments:

  1. Pssh. I only have one kid and I feel like I can't get a second. I have no clue how you mommas with multiples do it! I am just now starting to think I can find a tenuous balance of staying on top of some things, and then I remember I wanted to start exercising and my grad program starts in two weeks. And there just isn't room for anything else, nevermind two things. So I'm gonna have to reorganize. Or embrace this feeling of chaos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I totally get this. I only have one child, but trying to find the time to do anything is so challenging! Then, when I do find the time, my brain is so fried...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get that. Just when I think I might be able to sit down, or get around to something someone needs my attention.   But some how everything manages to get done, and everyone keeps on staying alive so I guess I'm making it just fine. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand! I work, come home exhausted and immediately get 50 questions from my three kids. Throw the husbands dribble into it and I just want to crawl into a hole somewhere and hide. I'm just trying to "go with it".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understand too!! I am constantly looking for a few moments to myself. Last night I sat down to write, hubs was watching baseball, baby was asleep...all of a sudden baby starts to cry, husband comes upstairs and starts yapping about goodness knows what. Seriously? The minute I sit down to write? Ugh!! I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like they have this extra radar!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some days that's all you can do! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still working on the getting everything done! We're slowly getting caught up, hopefully I'll be able to stay on top of it for awhile this time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The brain frying is the kicker! But who needs a brain, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Embrace the chaos...don't try and fight it, resistance is futile...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I could write a similar post any day of the week! Lots of sighing today especially. Hope you get some quality time to yourself sometime before the kids turn 18!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...