22 August 2011

Traveling With A Toddler And Infant: And We're Off!


Just thought I'd share some of our adventure high and low points from yesterday...

1. I got my Pottying-On-The-Side-Of-The-Interstate Mommy Badge when Aedyn waited until exactly 2 seconds too late that he needed to potty...next exit = 20 miles. He is now an expert.

2. "Aedyn, if you're going to kick your brother, please take your shoes off." Hey if feet in the face make the baby happy, who am I to argue?

3. "Aedyn, get your toe out of your brother's ear!" Yeah, even raising boys there has to be a line somewhere...

4. Teaching Aedyn to use one breath to yell through the tunnels in Atlanta...unfortunately he generalized that lesson to any bridge. Oops.

5. Teddy Grahams and Cars 2 Belly Washers were the best snack choice EVER.

6. Jaron refusing to nurse at each and every stop, even when we stayed in the boring car. The world was too exciting and interesting!

7. Realizing that Jaron not nursing and me ignoring the voice that said "Bring the pump just in case." = Mama in pain and in tears.

8. Hand expressing 4 oz of breastmilk into a sippy cup just to feel ok...much better once he settled down and nursed to sleep. Think we have strong evidence now that he is reverse cycling...just doesn't make me feel very confident that he's getting enough if I'm sleeping through most of the intake, but at least I'm getting sleep, yay co-sleeping!

9. Jaron getting to meet one set of his great-grandparents for the first time.

10. Aedyn playing cars with his great-grandfather, who's 80th birthday is one of the reasons we're up here.

11. Both boys loving the polka-dot or "jelly-bean" sheets that are on our bed.

Comment and come join me on Google+, Facebook, and/or Twitter!

1 comment:

  1. Teddy grahams were always one of my favorite perks of going on family road trips as a kid. Good choice! :-) glad you had a good trip and got home safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...