09 September 2011

Boys to Men

I've often thought about writing my boys a letter, but never actually sat down and done it. So, finally, thanks to the Breastfeeding Blog Hop, I am.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My boys,

You are such wonderful little men already, I pray that as you grow up you will never lose or change who you are for anyone or anything. I hope that you will learn to accept all people, respect them, and be comfortable around everyone, from the homeless man on the side of the road to the President of the United States.

I hope you never feel like you have to apologize for who you are. I hope that you learn to express yourself and your opinions tactfully, but without glossing over the truth.

I hope that in every dealing, business or personal, that you act with the utmost integrity and honesty. I hope that you become princes among men. Know that everything you do affects someone else, while this may not change your actions, it will increase your awareness of those around you and help you make your decisions carefully.

I hope that you find someone who respects you to share your life with. When you do, treat her like the lady she is. No matter how feminist her views, you open the door for her. Not because she can't, but because she shouldn't have too. She should be worth your life, and she should know that. Don't waste time on anyone who will not let you be her prince, and when you find the one who is your match, defend that relationship above all else.

Follow through on your promises. Verbal, handshake, or signed contract. Promises to friends and vows to your wife. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Be men of your word.

On one hand it seems so silly to be writing all these things now. Jaron, you're only 10 months old, laying here in my lap and looking so tiny. Aedyn, laying among your toys and watching Robin Hood, learn to defend those who have no defense.

Boys, you will be men all too soon. These things that I hope and pray for you, are not only hopes and prayers, they are expectations. I expect you to be and become men of excellence. You have no excuse. Your profession, dreams, and desires, they are unique to each of you. They may change once or multiple times. But your core values and foundation, that will stay with you forever.

Learn from your Papa, he is a wonderful example to you. Stay close to God and listen to His voice.

I love you forever, to infinity and beyond,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...