09 December 2011

Nursing Stories ~ This Too Shall Pass

Clenching pillows, gritting teeth, nursing a tongue tied baby...this too shall pass.

Sitting with my baby in my lap watching him drift off to sleep as he nurses...this too shall pass.

Crying because I have too much foremilk and it's hurting my baby's tummy...this too shall pass.

Watching my 13 month old squeal with a huge grin and coming running across the room as I lift my shirt...this too shall pass (ok, that might come back in a few years, but not in regard to me...)

Frustration with my baby being distracted and not eating enough...this too shall pass.

Calming every tear with cuddles and Mama's milk...this too shall pass.

Being the only thing my baby needs to survive...this too shall pass.

Being the only one who my baby will let put him to sleep...this too shall pass.

Waking 6 times in 8 hours to night nurse a baby who's reverse cycling...this too shall pass.

Waking to see my baby unlatch and roll over to cuddle into his Papa's arm...this too shall pass.

Holding my breath at each doctor's appointment to see if he's gaining weight...this too shall pass.

Being forced/able to rest every few hours as my newborn and I figure this nursing thing out...this too shall pass.

Watching milk go everywhere as I make my baby laugh while he's nursing...this too shall pass.

Sore nipples, feeling "touched out"...this too shall pass

Memories, relationship, knowing you're doing what's best for your baby...now that will never pass.

Hold on to each wonderful moment, it will go too quickly. Hang in there through each challenge, it won't last forever.


Share your thoughts and come join me on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter!

This was written as a part of the Breastfeeding Blog Hop hosted by Life With LeviThe Slacker Mom& Diary Of A Devil Dog WifeCheck out the other great posts and link up!

3 comments:

  1. *tear* It's so true!!! We're going on a year and I treasure every single second. I already miss the frequency of nursing sessions now that he's drinking regular milk too. But that quiet time in the morning and night....that's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that we've weaned I feel like I am missing my best comfort mechanism in my arsenal.  There are so many days I wish I could just give him something that I know would calm him instantly- unfortunately he'd look at me like I was crazy and I have nothing left to give :(  Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please turn this into a children's book? Because I can only take so much Llama Llama, and this is way more encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...