03 January 2012

All Hail 2012

I don't do New Years Resolutions, as my hubby would say, "Why wait for a special day? Just do it."

However, coincidentally our move, getting settled, and getting through the holidays lands at the beginning of the year. And I'm looking forward to what being in a different part of town and new place means for us.

Working out. I'll actually be close enough to a gym with good childcare. So I get to take a few pilates & yoga classes (and maybe Zumba, who knows?) while the boys get to play with other kids and different toys. I get a break from the boys and do something to actually make myself feel better about my body!

Time outside. Our yard was so full of sand spurs and sand combined with a lack of fence at the old place that it wasn't safe for the boys. We went to parks, but it was always a drive. Now we've got access to a swimming pool and green areas and a tennis court. A great playground with restrooms is about a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive. The zoo is now 5 minutes down the road and we have annual passes. The boys will definitely be getting more fresh air and outdoor exercise this year!

Reading & Writing & Crafting. I want to set some time aside each day and each week to work on different projects I've been trying to get done for the past year, or read a book, or get ahead on blogging. That may mean Jake takes the boys to the playground or the zoo and gives me an hour or two to work on a project, but I think it would be good for all of us for that to happen.

2011 turned out to be a crazy but wonderful year for us and I can't wait to see what 2012 brings!

Do yo make resolutions or set goals for the New Year? I'd love to hear them!
Share your thoughts and come join me on Google+, Facebook, and/or Twitter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...