02 May 2012

Holding Wind Chimes

It never ceases to amaze me how much I pick up from my kids; and neither is older than 3 1/2 years.

The latest was a few evenings ago standing outside Cracker Barrel.

I love wind chimes, well, I love big chimes, not the little tinkly ones. So does Jaron. We were watching the chimes blow in the wind and he reached out and grabbed one of the cylinders; then he tried shaking it.

Of course the chimes didn't make the same sound and he wasn't pleased.

It got me thinking about life in general, but specifically what I want to be when I grow up. I tend to latch onto ideas or small things that are part of a larger picture, then I shake the heck out of them and get frustrated when opportunities don't pan out like I think they will.

So I've decided to make an effort to slow down and stop shaking the chimes. To let the wind blow like it needs to and reflect a little more.

To remind myself that just because I have a great idea that I can't make happen in 3 days flat is no reason to give up on it, and likely it will be better for all the waiting and refining.

Maybe it'll let me actually get some stuff done around here, maybe if I'm not so overwhelmed at the whole I'll actually get started on the first step. Maybe.

If you want to hear more about my 2 (not always) sleeping babies and the rest of the family you can follow us on Google+Facebook, and Twitter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...