24 October 2011

Keeping Up with...the Milestones

I am horrible at updating the boys' baby books. With Aedyn I did pretty good about sitting down on his month birthdays and noting what had happened in the past month. With Jaron...it's every couple of months.

I even have the wall calendars...not that they've ever been up on the wall, but hey, it was an idea.

I had an app on my phone, but then I had to do a hard reset and lost it all.

Soooo...on to the next greatest thing.

I'm giving myself one more social media platform to keep up with.


It's not going to be anything great or fancy. But it seems something terribly easy to post from my phone and pretty basic just to have a record of what's going on.

I got the idea in a bookstore the other day, I saw a journal titled Mom's One Line A Day. It essentially gives you a line to write on each day for five years. The pages are dated, so every time you write a line after the first year you are writing directly beneath the line from the previous year.

I've seen line a day journals before, never really thought much about them, I usually have much more to say that just a line, or nothing to say at all.

I think that it would be amazing to see what happened on that day the year before, but to be honest, I don't think I would keep up with it. I think that since I'm on my phone and the computer so much that I might actually keep up with a Tumblr.

It won't have the yearly reminders, but I'm ok with that. Unless one of my fantastic readers knows of a platform, plug in or app that organizes like that...

I'm going to try to post something cute or memorable every day, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it if it doesn't happen. My realistic goal is to post at least 4 days a week for right now, some days I might post more than once, we'll see.

Soooo....I added the feed to the top of the right sidebar if you're interested in following my kids cuteness, otherwise your regularly scheduled programming will be back tomorrow. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...